Saturday, January 12, 2013

Welcome to my blog!



Well I am starting a new blog!...  


I'm hoping to use this as a place to showcase images from photo sessions and weddings, to explain maybe more background from shoots, and be able to share any other fun information or updates!  

For those who don't know me.... Hi!  I'll just tell you a little about how I got here! 

I'm a photographer in the Upstate of South Carolina who just recently graduated from Winthrop University with a BFA degree in Commercial Photography.  

I've been an artist all my life, and when I first started using a camera about 5 years ago, it was because I was actually interested in photo-realism paintings.  When I was a senior in high school, I had to make a decision of whether I wanted to pursue painting... or photography.  I chose photography as it was a field that I was always interested in, but never quite made the effort to dig into.  I also have always loved fashion which led me to the desire of fashion photography.  I told myself that I would never EVER photograph a wedding.... but little did I know!  The next 4 and a half years in college, I was not only able to practice with different art mediums, but I was mentored by a professor in college who was a very successful fashion photographer.  I worked hard and tried my best in every assignment I was given and I learned so much!  During my education, I began to be asked to photograph weddings and at first I tried turning the requests down, but a couple brides insisted.  I realized that I actually had a lot of fun despite the fact that I was really hard on myself.  When it came time to do an internship, I was able to work alongside wedding photographer, Christi Falls, who helped give me more experience in what the business was like and I loved it!  As I photographed more, I started realizing that working with women one on one... working with them on the happiest day of their life.... being able to see couples in love and value being together for the rest of their lives.... it's wonderful!  I'll also be interning with photographer, Chris Isham in the summer of this year!  Can't wait!

Now I'm just continuing the desire to specialize in weddings and portraiture in both natural and stylized outdoor settings.  I love how the world is my canvas!

I'd really really love to network more with other vendors and artists.  If you are a photographer, a hair/makeup stylist, a model, a florist, a musician, or if you're just simply interested in photography.... please follow by subscribing via email in the right column!  

Thanks!!
Cheers!

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment