Saturday, January 19, 2013

Creative Desk Area



Creative Desk Area


          Hello!  I got in a creative organizing mood yesterday and decided to re-organize/decorate my desk area.  I got so tired of staring at this blank space and wanted something that expressed me and and I love how it turned out....  



          I didn't want to spend a lot of money on office things that I would get bored with anyway so I decide to rummage through my parents' house and my dad's workshop for things that were just collecting dust, but could be fixed up for something cute and useful!   
I absolutely loved the old window and decided to make that one of the main pieces and have everything else center around it.   I loved the rustic/outdoor feel and I also knew I could use it to write notes and reminders on with a dry erase marker!!  It's a perfect creative alternative from a white board or chalkboard.   



I couldn't find anything to use as a nice shelf... but mostly I couldn't figure out how to install a shelf.... so I found these empty cigar boxes and this old white side table.   I was super excited about using these cigar boxes!   It was perfect for containing my mailing materials and it was actually appealing!  The side table was a different way for me to hold some books and these adorable ceramic expression jars are so great!  You can find them by clicking here.  



Oh and if you're wondering where I got these antique cameras.... my mom loves antique things and went antique shopping and just couldn't help herself.  She's awesome!  


Cheers!

Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment